This problem is not related to any particular brand of memory card or device. It can occur when the device had been interrupted when accessing the memory card.
To avoid this problem;
- DO NOT turn OFF the device or remove the memory card while the device is reading, writing, erasing or formatting.
- DO NOT use the device while the batteries are low. This could result in corruption. In some cases power can run out as the memory card is being written to.
- AVOID inserting and removing the memory card with the device switched ON.
- To fix this problem you will need to reformat the memory card (this will destroy all data held on the card).
- You may be able to recover images from a corrupted memory card before formatting (see FAQ on reformatting the memory card).
- Some cameras will not access memory cards that have been formatted in a Card Reader, so please read your camera manual before proceeding with a format.
- When using card readers make sure the readers light is not flashing and wait a few seconds before pulling the card out of the card reader slot.