If a memory card is used properly it will give many years of service. You could just have a single card but if you invest in 2 or 3 your flexibility is increased greatly:
- Use an extra card when it is impractical to download your pictures, e.g. on holiday, or on the move.
- It is sensible to set your camera to at the highest resolution (and therefore highest quality) setting. However, higher resolution images require more space, so with only one memory card you risk running out of storage space quickly. With an extra memory card this problem is eliminated.
- Many modern digital cameras also record high quality video. These video clips use produce a lot of data, so a single memory card can become full very quicky.
- Take more shots of your subject and select the best one without having to delete unwanted images straight away.
- What if your only memory card gets lost or damaged? Precious holiday, birthday, wedding photos could be lost forever! Spread the risk by using 2 or 3 memory cards with your camera.